Oscar Kucera is an exemplary family man and an excellent father. This summer, an addition took place in the artist’s large family – his beloved wife Julia gave him another heir. The baby was named Mark. This is the fourth child in the artist’s large family. In general, Kuchera has five children from two marriages.
In an interview with MK, Oscar told what it is like to be a father of many children, how the family chooses names for children and how it is possible to combine a busy work schedule with taking care of the family.
The famous actor has been married several times. His first wife was classmate Yulia Liseeva, actress of the series “Plus Infinity”. The relationship with her lasted six months.
The second wife, model Maya Markova, gave birth to a son to the actor in 2004. The boy was named Sasha. But at the end of 2006, the family broke up. Oscar has not forgotten his first son and maintains a good, warm relationship with him.
Kuchera’s current wife is also called Julia. The artist met her in 2001.
– The first time I met her in the store, – says Oscar, – went to look at the clothes and saw Yulia there. So we met.
In 2007, the couple registered a relationship, and for 12 years the couple have been living in perfect harmony. The artist constantly confesses his love to his wife, and “MK” willingly spoke about the success of the children, whom he is very proud of. Julia Kuchera gave birth to the artist as many as four children: three sons, Mark, Daniel and Alexander, and a daughter, Alicia.
How do you manage to combine the upbringing of such a large offspring and work, and the actor’s schedule is very busy?
– It really takes a lot of time to work, – says Oskar. – In addition to filming, there are also rehearsals, performances in the theater, in concerts, on-site performances, some kind of parallel work. But if I choose between family and a get-together, the first is always my priority, so I always find time for my loved ones.
– It turns out that you are doing the almost impossible – combining such a busy work schedule and raising a total of five children?
– Of course, it is not easy.
– Do you take care of children yourself or do you have a staff of assistants, nannies, tutors?
– My wife and I take care of the children ourselves, we do not have a nanny or someone else to whom we could transfer our parenting responsibilities. Children are only for us, although our grandmother often helps us.
And the showman’s children, even if most of them are still at a young age, are already distinguished by their independence. Everyone went to their father – they are constantly busy with something, they study something, they improve themselves. Some of them followed in the footsteps of their parents.
The eldest son, Alexander, from Kuchera’s second marriage, is already working in the theater, acting in films. The second son, also Sanya, chose a completely different area of interest for himself – he is fond of economics, politics, he likes everything related to finance. The third son, Daniel, plays football, loves painting and wants to become an architect. But he also studies in a theater studio. “It seems to me that he is still inclined towards architecture,” the artist shares his reflections.
Daughter, Alicia Kuchera, entered the Academy of Choreography this year. Parents respect children’s choices and support them in every possible way in their creative endeavors. Family democracy reigns in the Kuchera family, which is bearing fruit. The younger son Mark, according to his parents, is a professional sucking boob, and in this he succeeded quite well.
– You have many children. How do you choose names for them, maybe you have some kind of system or there is some kind of family tradition?
– We name children solely on the basis of the principle like – not like. We don’t name our children after anyone, we didn’t try to come up with something sophisticated in terms of names. We thought that if we like the names, then the children should also like them.
– Do you have difficult moments, quarrels in your family, how do you overcome them? Do you have a family council on difficult issues?
– They never got advice if they were going with their family – they offered children different options for possible events, for example, they were interested in where they want to go on vacation. As for quarrels – they happen in every family, otherwise it would be boring. The peppercorn should be. But when it is not personal ambitions that prevail, but love and respect, all quarrels go aside.
– How do you bring up children, what educational methods do you use? What qualities are you trying to instill in them?
– I will answer this question unequivocally: they must be aware that any act carries a train of responsibility, any action has a consequence. Negative or positive, but it is there. And, of course, I want them to be decent people, interested in something, involved in life.
– Are you a strict father?
– Yes. Although I love my children very much, at the same time I am a rather strict father.
– How does your family spend their vacation? What countries have you been to?
– We love to travel with our family by car. Last year we drove through Italy to Montenegro. Italy is generally our favorite place. We call it a place of power.
– Do you travel around Russia?
– We don’t really travel around Russia, although there are cities that we really like. For example St. Petersburg.
– I know that you are very fond of music. You even have this entry on your Instagram: “I stay in new musical material thanks to my children.” It turns out that they teach you to keep up with the times? And do you always know what is in fashion among the younger generation? What genres of music do your children prefer and do your musical tastes match?
– For the most part, our tastes coincide. We have such a tradition that when we drive in a car, children take turns playing their favorite music. The youngest son loves rap, Sanya loves hard rock, and Alisa loves popular music. Therefore, thanks to the children, I am always in trend of all popular new products.
– What, in your opinion, should be an ideal husband and father?
– I will answer in one word – he must be attentive. Everything else follows from this. He must see and hear what is happening within the family. And, of course, he must love his loved ones.
– Most recently, your fifth child was born. This is very cool. We congratulate you on Julia! Many men do not just experience this exciting feeling when they have a baby. But what emotions does a father experience when his fifth child is born?
– The most sublime that one can experience! However, when any child is born, it is a great happiness.
Oscar Kucera does not avoid household duties and completely shares all the housework with his wife, be it cooking or cleaning the rooms. The actor loves cleanliness and order very much, therefore he personally participates in all household chores, fully helping his wife to create real comfort in the house. When asked which of his film roles his family likes best, Oscar Kucera admits that they don’t even have a TV at home, and the roles of the father are usually not discussed. But if you take children, then their favorite is his work in the cartoon “Madagascar”, where the actor voiced the zebra Marty.
– And finally. As a father of many children, what advice / wish would you give to future parents?
– Friends, remember that you are responsible for your children! You are obliged to be those parents who will give the child everything he needs – care, attention, involvement in the process. Be happy, and so will your children. This is one hundred percent.